The following organizations regularly provide workshops and seminars for businesses in Rancho Cordova and Greater Sacramento. Many are low cost or free.
California Capital Financial Development Corporation
California Capital provides business assistance for underserved populations in 23 Northern California counties.
- Recent Topics: Human Resources, Labor Law, Twitter for Small Business, eProcurement with Sac County, Financing
- Website: cacapital.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 442-1729
Capital Region SBDC
The Small Business Development Center offers workshops for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Costs range from free to a modest fee. Workshops are held at the Sacramento office and hub locations such as Davis and Elk Grove. The SBDC also offers business consulting and assistance with loan packaging and access to capital.
- Recent Topics: Trademark and Copyright, Reputation Marketing, Employment Law Issues
- Website: www.capitalregionsbdc.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 319-4268
Employment Development Department (EDD)
California’s EDD offers payroll tax seminars to employers at various locations throughout the state. Go to their website to register for the next one in this region.
Recent Topics: Payroll Taxes
- Website: www.edd.ca.gov
The Senior Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) offers mentoring and workshops for business owners and managers at little or no cost in the Greater Sacramento area.
- Recent Topics: IN PERSON: Quick Books Pro, Develop an IDEA into a Businesses, Sounding Board ONLINE: SWOT Analysis, Social Media, 7 Mistakes to Avoid, Prepare for the Holidays
- Website: sacramento.score.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 455-9089
Sacramento Works is a part of California’s workforce development system. Workshops and seminars are offered at several Sacramento Works Business Information Centers around the region, and they have a Job Center in Rancho Cordova. All services are provided to employers at no cost. Hiring and training solutions are also offered.
- Recent Topics: Business Plans, Marketing, Cash Flow Analysis, Management Skills, Financing Information, Procuring Government Contracts, Computers and Software
- Website: sacramentoworks.org
- Phone: (877) 920-5627
Small Business Administration (SBA) Sacramento District Office
In addition to the online resources and financing options described on its national site, the SBA district office offers workshops and referrals to local resources.
Recent Topics: Business Plan Workshop, Business Basics, Contracting with Federal Government
- Website: www.sba.gov
- Phone: (916) 735-1700